This is my go to recipe for lemon cake.
Author: "From http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/make-your-own-wedding-cake-3.html"
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a sifter and sift into a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter.
- While the butter is mixing, add sugar until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisking eggs; slowly add to butter mixture on low speed.
- Slowly add in a ¼ the flour mix - keep the mixer going then add a ¼ the buttermilk. Keep mixing, then add another ¼ of each again at different times, keep mixing and keep repeating until you have used up both the flour mix and buttermilk (start with flour, and end with flour).
- Add lemon juice, lemon extract, and lemon zest until combined.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter into baking pans. (I used 4 8-inch.).
- Once the oven has been preheat, bake the cakes for 25 minutes or until done.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 156.4